Thursday, November 12, 2009

Enjoying What Is



My handsome boy Jazz, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, is an expert at the art of enjoying What is. In fact, I would say that he easily accepts his circumstances whether it is a happy moment, a "biscuit" moment, time for a walk, sleeping on the futon for an hour or so moment, or any number of other daily events which he tends to take in stride. Now when things get a little tense around our house, he runs upstairs and seeks a safe haven in his bed till things calm down- we call him the "emotional barometer" of the household! Suffice it to say that no matter what is going on, whether it is fun, challenging, or anywhere in between, he accepts it.

He also doesn't hang onto resentments, grudges, nor does he get angry. Sure, he may bark at the cat on the fence outside the kitchen window and after being "shooshed", he remains upbeat and ready for his next adventure whatever that may be. He is loving, open, and affectionate, tail always wagging when I come home from work. There are no "Why have you been gone so long?" looks but only lots of happy wags and hope for a biscuit.

You may wonder why I am writing about Jazz today? It's because over the past weeks I have been working on converting my office system to a MacIntosh after using a PC for 13 years. I admit it, I left the Apple fold for more than a decade but, after deciding that I wanted more beauty in my home office space, I made the decision to purchase a new Imac and come what may accept the hurdles of making the transition. And today, after struggling to move my AOL filing cabinet over to the Mac accepted that it is not possible. The thing is, one of the reasons I am changing my system is that I want to start using a different non AOL filing system and guess what? The Universe gave me what I asked for and it's Cold Turkey, just in time for Thanksgiving. A bad joke, sure!  But watching my Jazz take life in stride has helped me with this process and I am delighted to share that I am typing my first Mac blog today.

Question: How have I enjoyed What is today?

No comments:

Post a Comment